I have pancreatic cancer. I was diagnosed on December 13, 2017. It was, for me, a depressing Christmas. On December 21 I was in Emergency due to infection and fever. On January 10th I underwent a 9 hour surgery where a “whipple” procedure removed a number of internal organs. I came out of the surgery with a positive outlook thanks to my surgeon. He told me that a good part of my healing success would depend on my attitude. He suggested getting involved in PurpleStride. He said setting goals and working to them would do much to help my body heal.
On May 20th I plan to dye my hair and beard a bright purple for a 5K Walk along the Detroit River with about 40 of my supporters. This is an un-timed event. Participants who will walk with me, and hundreds of other participants, register online at PurpleStride Detroit and with the Team “Gary’s Gang”.
Some may only show up and do a brief walk if they aren’t up to the full distance. Other’s can support our Team and make donations at our Team page, through one of our Team Members. All the donations go to the Pancreatic Cancer Action Network for research to find a cure for this terrible disease.
We only have a 9 per cent chance to live beyond 5 years after being diagnosed. Think about it! That means for most of us we are fighting a 91 per cent chance that we will die in 5 years. We want that statistic to change. Your support can help achieve that goal.
Click here; Gary’s Gang – PurpleStride Detroit 2018 to go to my page and Join the Team as a walker or make a donation. Select one of the team members to donate through as it helps them achieve a donation goal. Please allow your name and donation to be shown